In This Section
LTE has been a leader in providing comprehensive construction stormwater compliance and industrial stormwater compliance services nationwide for oil and gas, manufacturing, transportation, and residential and commercial development clients. The core of good stormwater management is permitting, compliance, Best Management Practices (BMPs), and inspections.
Construction Stormwater Compliance
All LTE stormwater construction managers are certified Erosion Control Supervisors and are knowledgeable in hydrology, soils, wetlands, and erosion/sediment control, and are experienced with the proper installation techniques, maintenance, and inspection of structural and non-structural BMPs. LTE administers all aspects of construction stormwater management, including:
- Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) preparation and updating
- Permit administration, including EPA, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and MS4 permitting, COGCC and regulatory compliance
- Routine and post storm event inspections and reporting
- Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and civil design drawings for drainage improvements
- BMP design performed or supervised by licensed Professional Engineer
- BMP installations, maintenance and removals, including culverts, slope drains, sediment traps/basins, rolled erosion control products, and others
- Program/peer reviews, third party audits, and stormwater training
- Promotion of synergistic coordination of owner/operators, contractors, and regulators
Once construction is complete, LTE’s goal is to stabilize the site as quickly as possible to minimize BMP inspection and maintenance costs and to ultimately relieve our client of these responsibilities by transferring, re-assigning, inactivating, or closing out the relevant permits.
Industrial Stormwater Compliance
LTE has extensive experience in stormwater permitting and preparing compliance plans for industrial facilities across the Rocky Mountain region and other states. LTE manages effective quality stormwater programs from the initial permitting to evaluating stormwater sample analytical data and producing clear and comprehensive compliance plans. Our services include:
- Completing and submitting stormwater and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit applications, modifications, and termination forms
- Conducting site inspections and reviewing existing BMPs
- Measuring and calculating berm containment measurements and calculations
- Evaluating surface water flow directions, drainage systems, and structural controls
- Setting up stormwater analytical sampling programs
- Completing Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs) and state-required annual reports
- Installing and constructing drainage flow systems, oil/water separators, absorbent drain filters, continuous-pour berms, and covered drum storage areas
- Preparing final Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SPPP) documentation and delivery
- Preparing of Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans for oil and gas clients
- Stormwater training
LTE currently provides a client with a stormwater permitting program for over 300 facilities nationwide. LTE completed stormwater permit applications and audits, prepared SPPPs, recommended additional stormwater assessments, and designed and constructed stormwater and spill containments and other best management practices (BMPs).
With our knowledge of the many state-specific regulations and requirements, and MS4s, LTE can manage your multi-state, multi-site industrial stormwater compliance programs efficiently and cost-effectively.